How to AirDrop from My iPhone to Mac?
How to AirDrop from My iPhone to Mac – Being an Apple devices user, you must have heard regarding Apple’s file transfer facility called AirDrop. Here, you need to remember that it functions between Apple products, and thus doesn’t need cloud storage, file hosting facilities, mailing apps, or another kind of tool that may move or transfer files between two devices by downloading the stuff.
The best part of AirDrop is that it allows Apple users to send desired data from their iPhone to their MacBook. If you want to send music, videos, images, text notes, and other files from Apple to Mac, you can easily do it using AirDrop.
When it comes to learning how to airdrop from iPhone to MacBook, you need to keep reading this informative post.
So, What’s AirDrop on Mac?
Actually, AirDrop is a secured option to go with when it comes to moving your important data or files through Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
It is secured via data encryption so that you can enjoy great privacy protection. Here you need to remember that every iPhone, iPad, and Mac user needs to login into AirDrop with their Apple Id so that they can exchange desired data between devices.
So, when it comes to learning about Airdrop on mac, you need to keep the above-mentioned points in mind.
There is no doubt that if you want to learn how you can do AirDrop on Mac, you first need to keep the above-mentioned point in mind.
What Is the Process of Turning on AirDrop to Send Data from iPhone?
When it comes to learning to send data or files from iPhone to Mac, you first need to learn how to turn your airdrop on. Do you still have doubts about the same?
If your answer is a big yes, then you need to keep reading stated below guide on how to turn on AirDrop to send data from iPhone to Mac.
- Open your iPhone settings.
- Click on the given “General” option.
- Here, you will find the AirDrop option.
- Click on AirDrop.
- Now, you will find various options to choose from such as stop grabbing files, how to make your device visible for contacts only, and how to open your device for everyone around you.
- Now, you need to proceed according to your data transfer requirements.
Are You Still Facing Problems?
If you find the above-mentioned iPhone settings option uncomfortable, you need to try the stated below process. For this, you need to change settings through the control panel. So, let’s check how you can do it.
- Brose through the control panel.
- Click on the network settings option.
- Click on the Control Centre option.
- You need to keep pressing the AirDrop option to visit settings.
- Choose whatever you want to change.
- If you want to turn on the receiving settings option, you need to click on the Settings option, and then click on Screen time.
- Now tap on the Content And Privacy option.
- If you want to disable the Restrictions option in settings, you need to choose the Allowed Apps option.
How Can I Turn AirDrop on to Receive Data on a Mac?
- First, you need to use AirDrop on Mac devices introduced during 2012 or later years.
- Once you confirm the compatibility of the device, you need to open the Finder option.
- Now, you need to choose AirDrop available on the left side panel.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth in your given AirDrop.
- If you want to make changes to AirDrop reception settings, you need to click on the bottom left of the panel.
Can I AirDrop from iPhone to Mac?
The easiest answer to the above-asked question is a big yes. Of course, if you want to share data or file transfer with Airdrop from your iPhone to Mac, you can easily do it. For this –
- You first need to turn on the Bluetooth of both devices.
- You also need to confirm whether your Mac device is of 2012 and later models or not.
- It’s better if your Mac is running on Yosemite OS. Moreover, your iPhone device should come incorporated with at least iOS 7.
- Make sure that you should turn off your personal hot spot.
How Can I Transfer an Image Using AirDrop?
- Choose the image that you would like to airdrop on your own iPhone.
- However, you are going to learn how to transfer a photo using AirDrop, but you also transfer other files using the same method.
- Click on the Share option.
- Click on the AirDrop option.
- Let your iPhone detects all devices available nearby to start a file or data transfer process.
- Choose a device that you would like to use for sending photos or images.
- In case of using sending a photo to this device the first time, you will receive a message regarding confirmation.
- Confirm the message and move to the next step.
- In case of sending the file to your device a second time or already have used the same device for sending the file, you don’t need to use the above-mentioned method. Remember in such a case, the file transfer will be done automatically.
- Once a file or data transfer is done, you will find a popup message, “Download Complete”.
- Now, you need to click on the Download folder of your Mac device in order to open a downloaded file.
What Is the Process of Receiving Content with AirDrop?
If you want to learn how to receive content with Airdrop, you need to understand the fact that you can accept and decline the option of receiving files or content.
If you want to save content, you need to click on the Accept option available in Airdrop. This way, you can save a file in the same format.
Here one point should be noted that if you are going to send photos, you need to open them in a photo app. On the other hand, if you want to share websites, you need to open them in web browsers.
In case of being not able to open a received file in your Mac or iPhone, you will be redirected to AppStore.
If you are going to use AirDrop especially to send files or data to an Apple device, which is logged in with the same Apple ID, you don’t need to go through the “Accept and Decline” option.
The reason behind this situation is that download would be completed automatically.
- [Step by Step] How to Turn on Wireless Capability in Windows 10?
- how to connect desktop to wifi Enable & Disable ?
- What is Omacp Android Virus and How to Remove It ?
Techemirate.com is a technology blog about gaming, PC, mobile, Windows, how to, and others. The objective behind setting up Tech Emirate is to help contemporary readers to find accurate information about the latest gadgets, technology, software, gaming, and many more.