My iPhone is connected to wi-fi but no internet. It’s the most common problem of iPhone users.
If you are an iPhone user, you must have experienced the same problem. There could be various reasons when there is no internet connection despite your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi.
You can even see the Wi-Fi icon on your phone, but still, there is no internet.
Obviously, it’s an irritating situation when you can’t access to internet despite connecting your iPhone to Wi-Fi.
If you are receiving the message, “Internet is not connected” even if your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, you need to learn how to fix this problem.
If you want to learn how to fix Wi-Fi connected but no internet on iPhone, you need to keep reading this post.
Whether you are using iPhone 7 or iPhone 11, you can certainly learn how to fix iPhone connected to Wi-Fi but no internet problem.
Guide on How to Fix iPhone Connected to Wi-Fi but No Internet Access
Since there could be various reasons behind no internet in iPhone despite being connected to the Wi-Fi network, thus, there could be various solutions for the same.
Yes, you can fix the internet connection issue in your iPhone when it is connected to Wi-Fi.
Let’s check out stated below top 10 methods to fix the iPhone connected to the Wi-Fi network, but there is no internet access.
1 – Turn on/off Wi-Fi Icon on iPhone
There are situations when Wi-Fi is turned on, but still, there is no internet access on your iPhone.
Thus, you need to learn how to fix iPhone Wi-Fi issues especially when there is a Wi-Fi icon available.
Yes, it’s seen that in most of such cases, turning Wi-Fi on and off resolve the problem.
Let’s check how you can fix iPhone connected to Wi-Fi but no internet issue by turning Wi-Fi on and off.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Click on Wi-Fi.
- Simply turn off the Wi-Fi.
- Now, wait for a few minutes.
- It’s time to turn your Wi-Fi on.
- Now, connect your Wi-Fi network to your iPhone.
- Simply open a browser to access your favorite website.
2 – Enable/Disable Airplane Mode on iPhone to Fix iPhone Connected to Wi-Fi but No Internet Problem
Similar to the above-mentioned method, this method also requires you to turn on and off the iPhone feature. Yes, you need to turn on and turn off airplane mode on your iPhone.
Let’s check out how you can fix my iPhone connected to WiFi but no internet problem by turning airplane mode off/on.
- Visit Control Centre or simply click on the Settings option.
- Having tapped on Settings, you will find an option called Airplane Mode.
- Now, turn airplane mode on.
- You should wait at least half a minute, and then switch the airplane mode on.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi, and then visit a website to confirm whether the internet is working or not.
3 – Restart Wi-Fi Router and iPhone
By restarting your iPhone as well as a Wi-Fi router, you can easily eliminate the problem my iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi, but there is no internet.
For this, you need to follow the stated below instructions.
- Go to Settings App.
- Tap on General Option.
- Tap on the Shut Down option.
- For turning off the router, you can either use the main switch or the physical button on the router.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Now, you need to turn the iPhone as well as the router.
- This method can certainly resolve the internet problem on the iPhone despite Wi-Fi connectivity.
4 – Use Forget Wi-Fi Option and Reconnect the Same
There is an option called Forget Wi-Fi network. But before using it, you first need to learn the Wi-Fi password. Let’s check out how you can fix the internet access problem on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Settings option.
- Choose Wi-Fi.
- Tap on Wi-Fi name.
- Choose the option “Forget This Network and Confirm”.
- Now, you need to search through a Wi-Fi network list to find your Wi-Fi network.
- Reconnect your Wi-Fi network again to enjoy the internet on your iPhone.
5 – Turn Wi-Fi Assist Off
Remember, Wi-Fi assist usually uses available cellular data especially when there is a poor Wi-Fi network or signals.
So, it may often interrupt the functionality of Wi-Fi. That’s why iPhone users experience internet access issues in their iPhone despite it is being connected to Wi-Fi.
- A tap of Settings.
- Tap on Cellular.
- Choose the Wi-Fi Assist option.
- Switch the Wi-Fi Assist off to enjoy internet access.
6 – Look for Location Services
Often your iPhone may need location access in order to adequate Wi-Fi working. So, you need to enable proper location settings in your iPhone to get rid of the internet access problem.
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on the Privacy option.
- Choose the Location Services option.
- Choose System Services.
- Now, enable Networking and Wireless option.
7 – Disable VPN
If you are using a VPN, you are likely to face issues connecting Wi-Fi on your iPhone. Even despite your iPhone being connected to Wi-Fi, there could be no internet.
So, resolve this problem by following the stated below instructions.
- First of all, you need to find the VPN app on your iPhone.
- Tap on VPN.
- Turn it off.
- If you have already installed lots of VPN apps, you need to uninstall them as soon as possible.
8 – Simply Reset Network Settings
- Tap on Settings.
- Tap on the General option.
- Scroll down and find the Reset option.
- Choose the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- Confirm the action by typing the password on your iPhone.
9 – Restart iPhone
- Swiftly press and release the available volume up button on iPhone.
- Swiftly press as well as release volume down option.
- Now, press as well as hold down the side button on the iPhone for at least 10 seconds.
- Your iPhone will restart.
- Now check whether your iPhone is connected to the internet or not.
10 – Reset iPhone
If you can’t find the above-mentioned methods effective in resolving my iPhone connected to Wi-Fi but no internet problem, you need to reset your iPhone.
- Tap on Settings.
- Choose the General option.
- Find the “RESET” option.
- Choose the “Erase all content & settings” option.
- Follow available onscreen instructions to reset the iPhone.
- Signing off.
- Now, you have a new iPhone to connect it to a Wi-Fi network to enjoy internet access.