If you are using Instagram, you would like to make your messages or DMs very private. You won’t like to see other people read it except the person you intended to read. But there are situations when you may accidentally delete your Instagram messages. It might be possible to recover deleted Instagram messages.
Now, what should be done in such a situation? The best thing is to request the person to send you a message again. But there are situations when you don’t have this option. In such a situation, you need to learn how to recover deleted Instagram messages.
So, let’s check out a few effective ways of recovering your deleted Instagram messages.
Is It Really Possible to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages?
Whether you are using an android or iPhone, you would always like to get your deleted Instagram messages back. For this, you can try different types of methods. But some individuals assume that it isn’t possible to recover Instagram messages once deleted. Obviously, it’s nothing else but a myth.
If you want to recover your deleted Instagram messages, you can easily do it. For this, you need to try different types of methods for different types of operating systems such as iOS and Android.
Here, one point should be noted that you can easily recover your messages, media, photos, and other data from Instagram.
How Can I Recover My Deleted Instagram Messages Using Instagram Data?
If you want to learn how to recover deleted instagram messages 2022, you need to use the Instagram data feature. Remember, when you delete a message or media from Instagram chat, you actually can’t delete it from the server of Instagram. It means that you can get it back from the server.
Instagram comes with innovative features that can help you recover lost messages from Instagram. So, you just need to learn how you can easily recover your deleted Instagram messages using the Instagram data option.
For this, you need to follow the stated below guide:
- First, you need to navigate the Instagram web page.
- Here, you need to remember that you should avoid using the Instagram application.
- Instead, you need to visit the official website of Instagram.
- Here, you need to click on the given profile option.
- Now, go to the Settings option.
- Here, you will find an option called Privacy and Security.
- Click on it.
- Scroll down the new popup windows to navigate the Data Download option.
- Now, tap on the Request Download option.
- Now, you need to verify your own identity.
- You may be asked to sign to your Instagram account again, or you just need to provide credentials.
- You will be asked for your email address.
- Now, you will be given a link to a certain file containing details about your comments, chats, photos, and other messages.
- Choose the Next option.
- Here, you will be again asked your user name or password.
- Tap on the Request Download option.
- You will receive an official mail from Instagram containing your data in it.
- Open your email, here you will find an email from Instagram.
- You need to tap on the Download Data option in your email.
- Now, you have your downloaded data in a ZIP file.
- You need to unlock this file.
- Navigate data, and thus find an option called messages.json.
- You need to run it with the given text editor option.
- Now, you have successfully recovered your deleted Instagram messages from the Instagram data feature.
How Can I Recover Deleted Instagram Messages Using My Connected FB Account?
If you don’t like to go through the above-mentioned method for recovering deleted Instagram messages, you need to try this method. In this method, you need to use your Facebook account connected with your Instagram account.
If you have accidentally deleted your Instagram messages, chats, photos, and other content, you can easily get it back using a connected Facebook account.
Here, one point should be noted that this trick to recover your deleted Instagram messages works only if your Instagram account is connected with your Facebook account.
So, let’s check out how you can recover your lost Instagram messages through your Facebook account:
- First, you need to visit the official website of Facebook. You should avoid using the Facebook app for this trick.
- Now, you need to sign in to your Facebook account which should be connected with your Instagram account.
- Having done the aforesaid process, now you need to open your FB inbox.
- Here, you need to click on the given Instagram icon.
- Click on this icon, and you will find all your deleted messages over there.
- It is the easiest and fastest trick to recover deleted Instagram messages through your connected Facebook account.
Can I Recover My Deleted Instagram Chats or Messages Using Third-party Tools?
It is an obvious question that may hit your mind when you decide to learn how to recover your deleted Instagram chats. Actually, you can use third-party applications and tools to recover your lost Instagram DMs, messages, photos, and other media, but you need to choose the right option.
It is often seen that many individuals simply download any app or tool to insta recovery to their lost Instagram messages. But instead of recovering their deleted Instagram messages, these flashy tools and apps simply steal users’ data.
Obviously, you need to avoid using such an app or tool.
But still, several third-party tools can help you recover your deleted Instagram messages, DMs, photos, videos, and other media instantly.
So, let’s check out a few of these tools below:
- Fonelab tool for recovering deleted messages of Instagram from android
- Fone for recovering deleted Instagram messages from iPhone.
- Fone recovers deleted Instagram data for android.
- If you want to know how to recover deleted instagram messages on iPhone, you need to try iMyFone D-back.
So, these are a few methods that can help you recover your lost Instagram messages easily.